Steps in the Branding Process
- The first step is the establishment of the mission and/or vision statement for the company.
- The second step requires research of the product or service as well as the perceived target audience. There should be a clear perception of the product or service and what the company stands for and hopes to accomplish.
- The third step is the creation of a template for the brand's overall look after the client and target audience feedback is evaluated following the presentation of style ideas. This can be conducted through interviews, questionnaires, sketches, color samples, collages and mood boards.
- The fourth step is to settle on a list of the elements of the brand such as the logo, tagline, website, printed materials, office or retail space and product look and feel.
- The fifth step would be to establish guidelines for these brand elements and begin designing them.
- The last step is anticipating the evolution of the brand and to come up with a plan to keep the brand up to date.